Availabe Housing Inventory Mammoth Lakes CA
Although inventory fluctuates daily, inventory of condos and single family homes has remained relatively constant since this information was reported in the Mammoth Times in mid-March 2012.
Total condos listed: 169
Median price: $329,000
Median days on market: 102
Interestingly, the median price is the exact same as reported in mid-March 2012. The active listings are down from 179 while the median days on market have dropped from 152 to the current 102.
Single Family Homes:
Total single family homes: 66
Median price: $731,950
Median days on market: 93
The total active listings are up from 58 in mid-March 2012 while median days on the market have dropped from 147 days to the current 93. The median price is down from $775,000.
The take away from all of this data? If buying, keep in mind properties are selling more quickly than they were earlier this year. When you find something you like, be prepared to make an offer. If selling, pricing your property at a fair market value is key. A qualified real estate agent can help whether you are buying or selling.
For previous articles, visit my real estate blog www.SonjaBush.com
Buying in Mammoth Lakes
There are so many great developments in Mammoth Lakes. Besides understanding your budget, it is important to clearly define your goals for the property. Key things to consider include:
1. Will you be renting out the property? If yes, occupancy rates and property management fees should be taken into consideration and these vary by project. Consider how often and when you will be using your property.
2. Are you a “summer” or a “winter” fan? Specifically, what are your interests? Although Mammoth Lakes is relatively small and you can be anywhere in a few minutes, being closer to your favorite activities is nice. For example, is ski in/ski out access important to you? What about easy access to the shuttle?
3. Do you have children? There are some projects that have more entertainment options for children. Many clients with children like to be in or near projects in Mammoth where there is a heated pool, arcade or other child friendly activities.
4. Do you want to want to be in walking distance to dining and shopping or do you prefer to be more off the beaten path? Some prefer to stay in the center of action where they can simply “park and play” without ever using their car. Others like to be within walking distance to shopping but want to be more remote during most of their time in Mammoth Lakes.
5. Will you be financing or paying cash? Make sure the project you are interested in has financing available. Knowing in advance which projects are cash only can save you time and help you avoid wanting a property that cannot be financed.
Most of the above questions are common sense but many people have not thought through what is important to them. A qualified real estate professional can help you find a vacation condo in a location that best suits your needs.
For previous articles, visit http://www.SonjaBush.com